Military Personnel Flight
We are the Military Personnel Flight at Davis-Monthan AFB. Our mission is to provide quality personnel support. We handle everything from ID cards to assignments, re-enlistments, and retirements for all Airmen and their families. We are also the one-stop source for evaluations, promotions, awards, and decorations, or other special actions. As the MPF, we also handle the distribution of CAC cards.
MPF Upcoming CLOSED Days for Training (DEERS Customer Support will still be open)
Feb 17, March 17, March 24, April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, Aug 18, Sept 15, Oct 20, Nov 17, Dec 15
* Dates updated as of 1/26/2023, dates are subject to change
When scheduling your appointment, please only use one appointment slot per family. No need to make multiple appointments, we will assist you and anyone else in your family requiring assistance at the same time.
Members must also comply photograph standards/requirements set by AFI36-3026. The photo identification requirement cannot be waived, consistent with applicable statutory and uniformed Services and Agencies requirements.
- If you have a beard, you must have a shaving waiver.
- If you are requesting a Retired ID, please have your retirement order and your DD 214.
- If you lost your CAC, you must have Lost CAC memorandum from your 1st Sergeant.
- The earliest you can replace your CAC card is 90 days from the expiration date.
- If you recently Reenlisted or Extended your contract, please provide a Surf with your new DOS.
The sponsor must be present to issue/renew a dependent ID. In the absence of the sponsor, any one of the following may be accepted: Special or General Power of Attorney, DD Form 1172 signed by sponsor who is present and witnessed by a DEERS Verifying Official, or DD Form 1172 signed by sponsor not present and witnessed by a Notary Signature and Seal. Members must also comply photograph standards/requirements set by AFI36-3026. The photo identification requirement cannot be waived, consistent with applicable statutory and uniformed Services and Agencies requirements.
- Dependents must remove facial piercings/accoutrements from face.
- If sponsor is deployed or at another installation an 1172 can be digitally signed by member and loaded in profile via Milconnect.
Two forms of identification. At least one form of ID must be a valid state or federal government-issued picture identification (passport, driver’s or state license, SSN card, current military ID, etc.) The sponsor or one of the following documents in the absence of sponsor: Special or General Power of Attorney or a DD Form 1172 signed by sponsor witnessed by a DEERS Verifying Official or Notary Signature and Seal.
Letter from the school registrar’s office certifying full-time course of study leading to an associate’s degree or higher and anticipated graduation date.
Original/Certified copy with seal marriage certificate, SSN card, Original/Certified copy birth certificate of spouse and picture ID (driver’s license, state ID.etc) of spouse.
- Translations: English translations must accompany all foreign documents. Foreign Marriage decrees must be reviewed by the local legal office to verify the document’s validity.
Must bring in an original/certified court copy with seal of the Divorce Decree.
- Translations: English translations must accompany all foreign documents. Foreign divorce decrees must be reviewed by the local legal office to verify the document’s validity.
- Married Parents: Original/certified copy birth certificate & SSN card (can be brought in at a later time)
- Parents not Married: Original/certified copy birth certificate, SSN Card (can be brought in at a later time) and one of the following: court order that establishes paternity, an approved dependency determination, or a voluntary acknowledgement of paternity from hospital/State. Parents not married must provide an acknowledgement of paternity form (Please see DEERS office for form)
Approved and current medical sufficiency statement from a military treatment facility and an approved and current dependency determination. For a renewal ID card, a current financial dependency determination is still required/ updated every 4 years.
Original/certified copy birth certificate, court order from a court of competent jurisdiction in the US or a territory or possession of the US, SSN Card (can be brought at a later time) and dependency determination (except for Army members).
Document from placement agency in the US or US territory licensed for the purpose of adoption, original/certified copy birth certificate or placement agency letter, reflecting date of birth, and SSN card (can be provided at a later time).
SF Form 50. Emergency essential civilians should present a DD form 2365; Civilian Personnel Office must annotate in item 89 of DD form 1172 that person is assigned to an Emergency Essential position.
The Contractor Verification System (CVS) shall be the primary enrollment for DEERS and CAC issuance to eligible contract personnel.
DD form 214 and letter from the VA stating that the honorably discharged veteran is 100 percent disabled from a service-connected injury or disease, and the required documents for dependents if married and/or have children.
Sponsors and dependents turning age 65 may continue to use their ID cards with expired medical date on the back of the card. Sponsor must ensure Medicare part B was updated by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can be verified through MilConnect.
If you are attempting to add someone to your DEERS outside of spouse or child, you must provide the proper documentation issued by DMDC after you have submitted the financial and medical documentation to the MilConnect website. (Please see pamphlet in DEERS office for instructions).
Military Personnel Flight
DEERs Customer Service
Mission Essential CAC ID Holders (Deployers, In-Op CACs, Unblocks)
Installation Personnel Readiness (IPR)